Stuck at White HTC screen

Last Updated:

1. 2010 ZR1

2010 ZR1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my Inc with the Evo tool, and installed a ROM through ROM manager, after deciding that I did not want to keep the ROM, I tried to restore back to the stock rooted ROM I had before through the clockworkmod/nandroid options. Now the phone is stuck at the white screen that reads, "htc incredible" and none of the buttons will cause anything to happen. I was debating on doing a battery pull and restarting, but I believe I read somewhere that doing so would brick the phone. All help is appreciated.

Update:
    Did a battery pull and was able to boot into the HBOOT and run the nandroid recovery again, I am trying it now to see if I can get back to the original ROM.

Update:Update:
    After rerestoring the phone, the boot animation runs all the way through and the phone starts back up.

Advertisement
  2. bisbers

bisbers Well-Known Member

Congrats on being able to restore - basically pulling battery during radio update is one of the few ways you can brick, but better to be safe....

When flashing roms, for whatever reason sometimes it doesn't 'take'. In that case, wipe phone (cache/data) and try again.

3. Ptriz21

Ptriz21 Active Member

I am currently having this issue.
    I rooted, backed up with Ti Backup, Clockwork and tried to install Cryogenmod froyo. I was able to get froyo up but it didn't want to mount the sd card so i couldn't recover from Ti.
    I read that i should wipe/flash and try again. When I did that, I got stuck on the HTC white screen. I pulled the battery, hboot>recover>Clockwork and recovered to an older image. Tried froyo again and it still didn't mount the sd card.
    I tried recovering to a newer image and tried froyo again, still didn't work. So i decided to go back to my oldest image and I was going to stay put there until i could get home to my PC. Now i'm stuck on the HTC white screen and none of my recover images can get me past it. I still have access to Hboot and Clockwork.

Right now the plan is to go home, use my sd card in my friends phone and computer to put whatever file I need to unroot on to my sd card. I want to unroot and may not root again. Haven't decided yet.

I've looked all over and while people have similar problems, they have seemed to find solutions with everything i tried that didn't work for me. Help?

4. 2010 ZR1

I would suggest recovering to the very first ROM and seeing if it helps.

5. Ptriz21

Ptriz21 Active Member

Is that different than the first recovery image?
    if its different, how do i do that?

6. 2010 ZR1

All of the recovery ROMs are organized by date and time so look for the earliest date

7. Ptriz21

Ptriz21 Active Member

yeah I have tried that a few times already. My phone is off and been charging for a while so I might try again and hope something changed.

8. 2010 ZR1

After I got my screen unfrozen, I undid root and haven't gone back.