Stuck in 1XSupport

1. klaw888

klaw888 Member

Has anyone experienced this today? I am stuck in 1X for almost the entire day. No matter what I do, rebooting, setting to airplane mode and back, it won't kick back to 3G or 4G. By night time, it did got back to 4G/3G, but only for a few minutes and then back to 1X again. I am still new with the 4G service. Is this a common Verizon service thing or there is something wrong with my phone?

Advertisement
  2. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

i just saw a few people on Twitter mention data issues. Let me see if i can find some more info
    NightAngel79 and klaw888 like this.
  3. trophynuts

lol they're definitely having issues with their FIOS network
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  4. RottnJP

RottnJP Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too. It's still in 1x actually, if I turn off wi fi.
    klaw888 likes this.
  5. trophynuts

they may have several system wide issues at the moment. The RAZR is having micro sim errors at them moment as well.
    klaw888 likes this.
  6. klaw888

klaw888 Member

Seems like I'm not the only one. Thanks!!!
  7. zazan

zazan Well-Known Member

Oh my God, for once Seattle is ahead of the curve. No problems here.
  8. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

Same here in NY most of the day. Finally got 3G and 4G back this evening.
  9. jikhead

jikhead Well-Known Member

My brother works for Verizon and was given a Rezound last week. It was turned on Monday evening and he was telling me he was having this problem all day.
    trophynuts likes this.
  10. anbageorge

anbageorge Member

I'm in Seattle and my Rezound started going to 1x around 1:30 pm. Nothing seems to make it go back to 3G/4G. Has anybody found something that works?
  11. thatsricci

thatsricci Member

you can't do anything to fix their network.

Sit back, relax... they'll fix it.

Play on your computer or something to pass the time ;) I recommend reddit.com, oh wait, they're having connectivity issues all day too? Sounds like a widespread problem them!

edit:
    https://twitter.com/#!/VZWnews

Verizon seems aware of the issue.
  12. mightymousehhd4

mightymousehhd4 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to post that 4g has been up and running for 10 mins and counting. Longest ive seen in a day and half.
  13. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Yea, same problems here to - Florence, KY (just south of Cincinnati) fwiw
  14. maximus20895

maximus20895 Well-Known Member

I just got this phone and it's my first android. I'm glad I'm not the one who's messing up or my phone for that matter. I just got 3g an hour or so ago and recently got 4g.
  15. ToyotaTacoma

ToyotaTacoma Well-Known Member

Mine went down today, but it is back to normal now.
  16. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

So I noticed yesterday that I am getting a much better 4g signal than I ever have. I didn't used to get 4g downstairs at my house and now I am. Signal is MUCH better!! Hmmm
  17. trophynuts

is it me or does VZW always have issues for a few days when they turn on a new group of cities?
  18. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

I had signal problems the last couple days out in the boonies on 3G. Seems better today.
  19. maximus20895

maximus20895 Well-Known Member

Well that's good! :)
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  20. HangnMoss

HangnMoss Member

I'm dealing with the same issue today, but there's a workaround. Go into settings, wireless & networks, mobile networks, network mode, select CDMA only, and reboot.

You'll be back to 3G, but won't auto switch to LTE when it's available again. Myself, I switch to CDMA on the weekends (live in the boonies), then back to LTE during the week.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  21. rustyhokie

rustyhokie Active Member

I got stuck in 1X when I knew that 3/4 G eS working. Had to pull battery and reset SIM card. According to VZW support sometimes this is required with 4G phones.
  22. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

What I hate is this. I was still having an issue being stuck in 1x mode. Even tho I got a text message saying the issue had been resolved. Both my other phones had 3G. The HTC would go from wi-fi to 1x to 4G. Completely skipping 3G, which is nuts.

Called the dummies at vzw again. More battery pulls, more reboots. Idiots....

After I called again yesterday, I just said screw it. I got home, did a battery pull, rebooted, just because that's what they are gonna have you do anyway.

Seems to be ok so far. And to be clear, before this network issue the HTC was doing it's thing just fine. Hopefully this 4G network isn't all show and no go.
  23. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

New group of cities, new devices, when one of the top executives has a tummy ache....etc etc. They're like gas prices. "Oh look this country is in turmoil, lets raise gas prices!", "What, you say one of our tankers crashed? Lets raise gas prices!", "What a barrel of crude is down due to low consumer consumption? Lets....leave gas prices where they are."

What's weird is that it only tends to affect devices that are 4G. It always makes you think it's something wrong with your phone when the person next to you isn't having any 3G issues, but you're having 3G AND 4G issues.
  24. danibug23

danibug23 Well-Known Member

im still having issues today it keeps going 3g to 1x all day . i have mine to 3g only because i dont have 4g