• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck in 1X

Question, my wife has the resounded and ever since we bought it it seems to have issues connecting to the 4g / 3g network. For example right now my thunderbolt is getting great 4g signal but her rezound has been stuck in 3g all day.

Anyone else have these issues?

Have you made sure that your Preferred Network mode is set to LTE/CDMA (and not CDMA only)?

One thing that's really confusing to me is the Power settings. It seems that once you go from High Performance to Normal or Economy modes the Rezound likes to disable LTE. Aggressive settings set by the manufacturer, or just my imagination? In any case that might be the issue as well. If you're on High Performance mode, with LTE/CDMA enabled you should be getting LTE without question, especially if the phone next to it is.

As for the original topic, Verizon must have done something to the LTE signal in the past week or so, because it has been stronger than ever in the CNJ area. I'm getting 4 bars almost everywhere now, it has been awesome.

Upvote 0
From time to time I'll have this issue. Where I work, I can usually only get 1X at my desk, then when I go home, where 4G is definitely available, it won't switch. Often it'll reset when I restart my phone, but sometimes it seems to stay stuck on 1X. This is something that'll just fix itself over time though. Anyone know of any fix? Also, I'm in the Chicagoland area.

Upvote 0
From time to time I'll have this issue. Where I work, I can usually only get 1X at my desk, then when I go home, where 4G is definitely available, it won't switch. Often it'll reset when I restart my phone, but sometimes it seems to stay stuck on 1X. This is something that'll just fix itself over time though. Anyone know of any fix? Also, I'm in the Chicagoland area.

I have seen this twice on my Rezound. I don't have an answer and I don't think there is a fix. At least not on our end. Located in upstate NY. All I know is before the 4G outage, I never had that problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones