• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Stuck in a rutt with Ol'Sammy GN2!!! (SCH-I605

I've been through about everyone out there including Beans 6 and CleanRom (1.0 "The VZW special" & the latest v4). Beans is definitely smoother, but overall build quality has to go to Clean. I appreciate that Beans has more setup options in Aroma, esp. The Perseus 31 kernel, but I think it forces you to then go straight down one path or the other based on your kernel choice.

On another note (no pun intended), since starting my adventure in Note Rooting, neither my 4g LTE, Bluetooth ear pieces, or Wi-Fi tethering has worked at all. Let me correct my self. My Note usually recognizes the Bt devices, but it won't pair/connect to any of them. I have a Jawbone ICON HD, Playtronics Marquee 165, and a pair of Motorola S 10-HD Headphones. All of which worked perfectly with the stock phone.

Lastly, after all the hype over the switching of your int sd with your ext sd, I purchased a SanDisk Ultra micro SDXC Class10 card. Adding insult to injury, it will not mount in CWM recovery. I can do what ever I want with it in my file explorers once the phone has booted, but to flash anything, I have to go back to my 8gb cards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sincerely,
Steve-O

P.S. The 8gbs are fat 32 and the 64gb is exfat as per the format instructions from the original dev's thread.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones