• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck in a useless custom ROM

Alright, I really screwed up my phone and Im really scared. So I am a noob at this and I just skipped the recovery thing where you type in the commands in adb or terminal emulator. And i tried using the clockworkmod in app Custom ROM from SD to load a zip rom (openOptimus build 1.172.1 for ClockworkMod 3.0.0.5/3.0.2.4/3.1.0.0(Little update) Then it restarted showing me a screen with a blue line on top, then the android loading screen made with digits and a-z chars.

I honestly want to just factory reset my lg optimus t back to normal. But every time I go into recovery (power+voldown+home) and go to wipe data/factory reset>wipe user, it would just wipe the data then take me back to my custom rom. But this time it would load the rom, but it would crash and I can't see a home screen or any apps, just a notification bar.

Do you guys know a way to fix this? I was thinking about putting the stock LG optimus T rom or some other ROM that would work into my SD card and flashing it. Did skipping the recovery step in the beginning with the adb and terminal really fk me up?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones