• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help stuck in boot loop, want to recover files before factory reset - having pull issues

anikplunk

Lurker
Nov 17, 2014
Hello! So my phone is stuck in a boot loop, and I want to get some files off it before i do a factory reset. I am having issues with the cmd prompt aspect - any help would be so appreciated!

About my Samsung S2
Model # GT-I9100
Australian
I am unsure of android version, build number etc as the phone only starts in system recovery <3e>.

I have been following this wonderful post, and have downloaded SDK Manager, started the phone in system recovery. Unfortunately, my version of sysrecovery doesn't have a Mount & Storage menu item. I only have these options; reboot system now; apply update from ADB; apply update from external storage; Wipe data/factory reset; wipe cache partition; apply update from cache.

So, I skipped this step, which the post said might be possible, and attempted to pull all data (I don't remember all the file locations of the files I want, so will try and pull them all and go through what i need.

I attempted to use in cmd prompt the following:
adb pull [-p] [-a] <remote> [<local>]

I fiddled with the syntax, until this seemed to get more of a result:

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20140702\sdk\platform-tools>adb pull / \C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20140702\sdk\platform-tools\copied

BUT, I got the following list scrolling forever on "skipping special file", as seen here

attachment.php

Any ideas on where to go from here?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones