Stuck in boot loopSupport

Last Updated:

1. zdog90210

zdog90210 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi i have no idea on how to root my phone but i had just installed the AIM app and got an instant message so i swipped down to unlock the screen and kept getting these error messages that all apps were force close and space full on both phone and SD card (i had previously gotten space full on the phone but i must have uninstalled about 8 sound board apps and the message stayed) then the phone went very slowly and the force close messages would not stop so i guess i did the stupid thing and held the power button and found it odd that the only option was power off so i shut it down and attempted to turn it back on and it showed the white screen with the HTC incredible and then the HTC brilliant and then the Verizon tsunami screen or splash or whatever it is but it kept repeating that cycle over and over again (note this was not from an attempted root) i can put it into recovery mode and i was wondering what i can do from the recovery screen and if i can root it from the recovery screen.
    I'm sorry but i have no idea on how to root but if someone could help it would be much appreciated. and thank you for reading my long winded post but i wanted to be as detailed as possible.
    Thank You.

Advertisement
  2. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member

Mine did the same thing last night for no reason (no root involved) and the bluetooth would not turn off or anything. No matter what app I opened there was a force close warning everytime. I had to turn off and factory reset (again for the 6th time). Annoying but I also hate Verizon refurbs.

3. lilsaphyre

lilsaphyre Well-Known Member

THAT IS INCREDIBLY WEIRD! I actually did root yesterday and got stuck in what I call Force Close Loop. Everytime I rebooted, I got a flood of Force close messages and if I tried to open any manually it was automatic FC.

I don't know how they may relate but it's so weird how we both had this in the past day!

My phone is not a refurb.

zdog90210 likes this.
  4. PartyGurle

PartyGurle Member

I've been trying to do a search but I'm still so new to the Droid X, I have no clue to what I'm looking for or understand the lingo yet. How do I do a factory reset? My droid is stuck in the booting up stage and won't get past the Droid eye!!!

5. nick99wj

nick99wj Well-Known Member

pull battery and SD card, reboot without SD card. make sure you are unplugged from anything too.

that always worked for me

then you can try and put the SD back in once it's all settled and idling

zdog90210 likes this.
  6. zdog90210

zdog90210 New Member This Topic's Starter

thank you everyone for your quick responses
    @nick99wj i tried that and no luck.
    @PartyGurle YouTube it there should be a video on that
    @lilsaphyre lol @ the pun and that is weird that it just happened just curious was it arround 4a.m.?
    @tluv00 mine was not a referb i got it the 1st day it came out.

i can put the phone into recovery mode with the image of a phone and a red triangle if i can root from that stage or should i just bring it to Verizon kiosk and they can replace it b/c they should be able to tell that no root was done?
    any help would BE MUCH APPRECIATED

7. dnlwthrn

dnlwthrn Well-Known Member

I would just take it to VZW. If they can't reset it, then you should get a replacement phone (probably a refurb). Every process for rooting that I've seen for the Inc requires the phone to boot normally once, so I don't think rooting would even be possible. I could be wrong, though.