Stuck in bootloop, can't get into recovery.

1. Tical84

Tical84 Member

Hey everyone, I need your help and I haven't been able to find the solution through searching.

I had installed CM9 Nightly with no issues except for horrible battery life (having to charge twice a day from my usual once every two days on the stock 2.3.3) so I decided to try out CM7 and apparently that was a huge mistake because now I'm stuck in a bootloop. I get the Galaxy S Cyanogen screen, then it quickly goes through like it's loading something, then flashes the Galaxy GT-I9000M screen then starts all over again.

I can get into the downloading screen with Vol-, Home and Power so I tried using Odin to reflash but when I plug my phone into my computer I get "USB not recognized."

What else can I do?

Advertisement
  2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Hey Tical, I moved this to the Galaxy S All Things Root Section. Thanks for understanding. :)
  3. GenesisNemesis

GenesisNemesis Well-Known Member

A boot loop is pretty normal when installing cm7. Try to go into recovery and install cm7 again. This should do the trick.
    Btw : Volume up, Home and Power buttons together.
    When you see the Samsung logo you should release the keys for about a second and then press them again.
    This should get you into recovery mode.