Stuck in BootloopSupport

Last Updated: 2013-01-29 04:34:46
  1. jamisles02

jamisles02 Well-Known Member

My xoom will not get out of the Ice Cream Sandwhich boot screen. I tried a hard reboot, did a factory reset with no change. I'm not interested in rooting the tablet & can't afford the price tag Motorola wants to repair it being it's out of warrenty. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Advertisement
  2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

In my signature use the Xoom life saver thread and make sure you pick your Xoom model. This will bring you Xoom to factory state.

We should be able to get your xoom going.
  3. jamisles02

I'm following the instructions like you said, however it doesn't show my Xoom in the list of "Found Devices".
  4. OutOfPhase

Did you put it in fastboot mode? Did the drivers install?
  5. jamisles02

The drivers are installed & the Xoom says "Starting Fastboot protocol support." however the program still doesn't see the Xoom.
  6. OutOfPhase

Sorry I have been slow to respond but my own Xoom just died I think the motherboard went bad.

when asked if you saw your device did a bunch of numbers show up?
    Reboot your computer and run it again.
  7. jamisles02

Restarted the computer & when it gets to "List of devices attached" still see no numbers. Tablet still shows "Starting Fastboot protocol support."
  8. OutOfPhase

hold vol up + power when the menu appears use vol down to get to the fastboot option and then vol up (maybe power) to select and see if that helps.
  9. jamisles02

Still not finding the device. When plugged into the computer, the Xoom doesn't show in the computer's file system. Also, I noticed in the program link that it mentions about ADB & I never installed that.

Edit: The Xoom now says "Device still locked. Device must be unlocked first. Failed to process command error (0x8)" when in Flashboot.
  10. OutOfPhase

11. jamisles02

Not sure what's going wrong because nothing has changed. Might just wait & send it to Motorola in a few weeks.
  12. OutOfPhase

It sounds like your xoom can't get into fastboot.

2 things to try.
    hold vol up + vol down + power until is starts to boot.

if that does not work did you try vol up + power? Did it get you into a menu screen?
  13. jamisles02

I think I found the problem. I tried restoring the device to stock & it might have switched off USB debugging. Anyway I can turn that on being I can't get into the system settings?
  14. OutOfPhase

No. But you should be able to see your device once it is in fastboot mode even with adb debugging turned off.