Stuck in Dubai with no wifi (or refills on coffee)General

1. sundance2011

sundance2011 Well-Known Member

I'm having issues connecting with my phone. Tablet connects fine so I don't think it's the connection.

The phone connects fine but when I try to do anything like go on FB I get a message that it can't connect or no connection was found ( I have connected on FB many times so it's not a device reg. issue). I say the phone connects fine but really I'm not sure as the bars never turn green. I can find nothing I reconize in set up that would cause this......some ideas where to look, where I might not know to look.

This is happening all the time, not just on one network and at the same time the tablet is connecting just fine.

HELP!!!!!!!:mad:

Advertisement
  2. Artine

Artine Well-Known Member Contributor

I can think of two things at 11:30 at night, and that would be a) the wifi driver, and/or b) you have Droid Wall installed and it's not allowing internet access for your browser or facebook app.
  3. sundance2011

sundance2011 Well-Known Member

If Droid Wall is something I need to install I haven't and I don't know hoe to check or reinstall the drivers.
  4. Artine

Artine Well-Known Member Contributor

No, it would only be an issue with DroidWall if you had already installed it and didn't configure it to allow wifi access to the app you're using to get to facebook. As far as the wifi drivers go, there are a couple routes one could take. Flashing one of the custom ROMs or, if you've made a backup in recovery, restoring only the /system portion of it should correct/refresh/fix/overwrite the wifi driver so that it works correctly.

But I wouldn't do any of these things without a second opinion. Anyone else got any ideas?
  5. dailyquinn

dailyquinn Active Member

just go and do a system wipe if you aren't rooted, otherwise try backing up your data then reflashing your rom and restoring said data.