1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Stuck in green android logo

1. Ralphy2012

Ralphy2012 Member

The best I can do is go into download mode, so I cannot do anything that requires a USB connection. My computer recognizes the ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface on com port. Someone please explain how I can flash a firmware image so that I may be able to boot the phone. The closest I've found on line was this for the ZTE blade:

[Guide] de-bricking a ZTE Blade - ZTE Blade / Libra ROMs & ROM customisation - MoDaCo

Is it possible to use CDMA tool or something similar? I would appreciate any help.

Advertisement
  2. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

Can you boot into cwm?
  3. mholloway

mholloway Well-Known Member

Pull battery then reinstall, volume down and power, then flash backup in cwm or download a rom on PC move to SD card, same pull bat. Then zip from cwm.
  4. Ralphy2012

Ralphy2012 Member

I cannot do anything besides going into download mode. I need a solution at the download mode level. I've tried everything (battery pulled too many times already). I recall nOve had a similar problem, was he able to recover?
  5. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member

N0ve was not able to recover as far as I know Odin does not work on the warp so there is no way outta a hard brick
  6. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

7. Ralphy2012

Ralphy2012 Member

At the moment I cannot get USB to be recognized. I will work on it this weekend. When I try to boot it will not go past the green android, so I cannot do anything. I figure if the ZTE blade is recoverable in download mode, there must be a way to do it with the warp.

This all happened because I foolishly tried to flash ROM a friend of mine claimed would work on my warp.
  8. UnknownUser1

UnknownUser1 Well-Known Member

You cant hold power and volume to get recovery on boot
  9. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

Go into the zip file for that rom and see if there is a recovery.img . If there is, you might have a big issue then. If you flashed another phones recovery that is
  10. Ralphy2012

Ralphy2012 Member

No, it will not go into recovery. No matter what I try, it stays at the green logo. The only thing it allows me to do is go into download mode by pressing the + and - at the same time (middle) while pressing the power button. The link I provided shows a guide for flashing a ZTE Blade in this state, so I'm hopeful there is still a chance I can do the same somehow. I'm also working on getting USB to work somehow, but no luck so far.

Thanks everyone. I greatly appreciate your willingness to help out.
  11. n0ve

n0ve Well-Known Member

Guys this is same deal as mine..shot...i have some Samsung guys trying to make a compatible tar but i tried everything...best bet send to ZTE and pray lol
  12. untyped

untyped New Member

Hello,
    Did anyone find a solution to that problem. I have the exact same problem. The only way the phone will go in some other state different than being stuck on the android logo is holidng VOL+ and VOL- and power. Then it will connect to my pc saying it is a diagnostic device.
  13. TimeofDeath

TimeofDeath Well-Known Member

Not sure if it will work for you but you could try PDA.net
  14. TimeofDeath

15. untyped

untyped New Member

that is an app for tethering my internet ?! My phone wont start at all ?
  16. TimeofDeath

its not an app its a program that will correctly recognize your phone where as you may be able to get to your system files and reload a version of your rom
  17. untyped

untyped New Member

OK. It doesnt work
  18. dennis8492

dennis8492 Well-Known Member

I don't think your phones bricked... Umm.. try holding power and volume up. If that doesn't work try n find snakex and use his method of returning to stock. His method only requires your phone to be recognized by your pc. Using his way you can maybe get your warp running.
  19. croy2007

croy2007 Resident Punisher Guide

The only way I was able to fix a phone with this issue was to switch the motherboard out with another warp with a broken screen.
  20. misfito

misfito New Member

Where can I find that method you're talking about?
  21. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member

22. dennis8492

dennis8492 Well-Known Member

23. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member

I hope it helps, took me an hour to find the dang thing!!!:D