Stuck in hboot. Need help getting unrooted

1. afastyzfr1

afastyzfr1 Well-Known Member

I was running 2.3.4 that was a custom rom that I flashed and tried to do the downgrade in the sticky. Now all I can get to in hboot and I managed to get clockwork back on. Please help!

I want to return it to stock because I'm going to sell it. Don't care about loosing data

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

In clockwork, do a factory reset and see what happens.
    afastyzfr1 likes this.
  3. afastyzfr1

after I run the downgrade zip?

I was able to put Stock Plus GB 2.3.4 rom back on and can turn the phone on but all my data is still on the phone and I cant remove anything.
  4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Why don't you just leave it the way it is? GB is considered stock now, really no reason to downgrade.
    All you really have to do is flash the s-on file in clockwork and run the GB RUU. (There is a link to it in the main incredible forum)

I personally would leave it rooted, it's more of a selling point.
    afastyzfr1 likes this.
  5. afastyzfr1

Thanks for your help. The guy who bought it on ebay wants it unrooted and I have already f'd it up so I'm just going to figure it out.

I didn't do the s-on file so I'm going to do that now.

Could you give me a link to that file?

I used the file in the sticky [How To] Downgrade to official 2.2
  6. afastyzfr1

7. afastyzfr1

8. afastyzfr1

No matter how many times I clear data/reset my data doesn't get removed....and it gets a bunch of force closes once I get it up and running.
  9. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

The downgrade thread has now been updated with all the new links for Gingerbread. The s-on file is also linked there. Flash it in Clockwork since it sounds like that is still working for you. Then apply one of the two methods listed in that thread to get yourself on the new Gingerbread. That process will also unroot you and clear all your personal things off the phone. Sorry I didn't get the thread updated sooner but I just got my hands on the new RUU a day or two ago.
    afastyzfr1 likes this.