Stuck in perpetual rebootGeneral

Last Updated:

1. bluethunder

bluethunder Member This Topic's Starter

So the phone has been a bit quirky since the OTA, but nothing major. However, today I was on the internet and the phone totally crashed and then began to reboot. However it has been stuck in reboot mode since then, going from HTC to Verizon screens over and over. I've removed the battery twice, and let it sit, and nothing. Still stuck. Any recommendations other than a factory reset??

NOTE: It was not charging and I do not have it rooted. It just plain crashed.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

What a crappy thing to have happen.

I'm afraid my only response would be to first do as you did, the battery pull, and wait for a good 5 minutes.

Then I'd try to make it do anything else by holding the volume down key and pressing power, for example.

3. bluethunder

bluethunder Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Frisco. I took it into the store and they did a hard reset. Still buggy so they are sending me a new phone to swap out. Was hoping they'd let me upgrade to an Incredible just because. But no. Oh well.

4. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

Incredible is still on back order, no way Verizon is going to let you get out of your contract for one when people who's contract have ran up are still waiting for theirs ha.

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Which would really grind my gears knowing that a phone such as the OP describes is completely worthless.