• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck in reboot

Phone is out of warranty and factory reset only gets me about 3 minutes.
Problem started saturday when I picked it up and screen was unresponsive. Pulled battery and never fully powered back up, just goes into "initializing".
After hours at VZW store with worker on tech support, got through factory reset and worked fine until doing update while still there. I noticed the innopath notice for update comes up stating will update in 3 minutes, do I want to continue. I click no but phone still crashes after roughly 3 minutes.
I am new to this and have spent countless hours here looking for info and trying things with no success to date.
Phone has build C771M110, and version 2.3.3
Could it be the auto update causing the issue and is there a way to turn it off?
I have already wiped the SD card and don't have any apps other than the crap VZW put there which I would like to remove if I can save the phone.
Now it just went 9:36 minutes before locking. Thanks in advacne.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones