• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck in recovery

kevtje94

Lurker
Aug 10, 2012
Hi,

I've recently bought a samsung galaxy ace plus and i rooted it...
Now, today a message popped up wich said that i could update the firmware and i pressed yes :s

Now every time i want to restart my phone, it gets stuck in te CWM-based recovery (v5.0.2.8).

I also tried to restore it with factory reset, but even that doesn't help :s

So now I want to unroot my device, but I can't do it with my phone being stuck in recovery mode...

What should i do?

Regards.

You can't do official updates while rooted, you should have unrooted before clicking yes.
Unrooting now won't help, the mess is done.
All you can do now is flash a fresh samsung stock firmware via Odin.

Before that just attempt to wipe cache partition, dalvik cache and factory reset, it might clear things and work if the things are not too bad. Otherwise Odin is your only option.

Upvote 0
You can't do official updates while rooted, you should have unrooted before clicking yes.
Unrooting now won't help, the mess is done.
All you can do now is flash a fresh samsung stock firmware via Odin.

Before that just attempt to wipe cache partition, dalvik cache and factory reset, it might clear things and work if the things are not too bad. Otherwise Odin is your only option.
Ok, thanks, and do you know where can i get a fresh samsung stock firmware?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones