1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Stuck in Recovery

1. mandy052879

mandy052879 Member

I am stuck in recovery and can't get out. I rooted and was going to install harmonia and got a little ahead of myself and forgot to install the recovery. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks for any help!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. mysticalnyte

mysticalnyte Well-Known Member

Try pulling the battery?
  3. mandy052879

mandy052879 Member

I've tried pulling the battery the lg screen appears and it goes into recovery. the options that I have when I select them a screen appears with a box and a red arrow coming out of it and a picture of lloyd.
    The options I get are:
    reboot system now
    apply update from sd card
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition.

It says below the options.
    finding update package...
    opening update package...
    verifying update package...
    E:failed to read footer from cache/
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted. no valid image CACHE
    check sdcard for GOTA update: /sdcard/update.zip
    Finding update package in sdcard...
    no image found in sdcard
    E:failed to open sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)

I downloaded the Harmonia rom and then rebooted into recovery. I didn't do anything while in recovery and now it will only boot in recovery. I originally booted into recovery using titanium backup.
    I hope all this information helps!

Thanks!!
  4. mysticalnyte

mysticalnyte Well-Known Member

Are you on the stock recovery or CWM recovery? Harmonia will only install on the CWM recovery.
    IDK, otherwise. Maybe try and do a factory reset ONLY if your stock, i.e. no custom ROM.
  5. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

sounds like you are stuck in stock recovery. there is a way to recover from this (assuming your computer will still recognize the phone so the original setup can be reflashed using jcase root method) but will require some work on your end. http://androidforums.com/elite-all-things-root/564734-lg-optimus-elite-root-vm696-virgin-mobile.html

it sounds like you flashed harmonia via stock recovery vs cwm recovery..unclear, but if that's the case this may be your only option if the flash didn't wipe out the phones ability to be recognized via USB.
  6. Curtis1973

debug thread might help now that I know you couldn't have flashed harmonia via stock recovery (seen people do crazier sh*t by renaming ROM to update.zip). let me grab debug boot loop thread..
  7. wyliee

wyliee Well-Known Member

Refresh with jcase method in lgnpst
  8. mandy052879

mandy052879 Member

How do I do this? Thanks!
  9. mandy052879

mandy052879 Member

I tried this but after I got the com port # powered down and than back up again i am getting a screen with the battery charging on it. What do I do from here? Nevermind it went back to the same recovery screen.
  10. mandy052879

mandy052879 Member

I've got the computer to recognize my phone. I am now downloading LGNPST. Hopefully using this to install the VM696.dll file will work.
  11. Curtis1973

not saying you can't pull this off,but it is an involved process. you'll also need msl code...seeing as you didn't actually flash anything and the phone went into loop on its own,I'd suggest calling VM and tell them your phone started looping in recovery mode and won't exit it. depending on how long you've owned the phone,they'll send you a replacement.
  12. Curtis1973

if you still want to do it,call VM and get your 6 digit msl code. tell them you are getting an error 67 message. you'll need msl to finish process.
  13. mandy052879

mandy052879 Member

I bought it at Best Buy in May. Would Virgin Mobile still send me a new phone?
  14. DsyMnapTic

DsyMnapTic Well-Known Member

15. Curtis1973

device has a 1 year warranty from manufacturer that VM isn't obligated to honor for lg but usually they do.
  16. DroidMello

DroidMello Active Member

If it is a defect and not just dissatisfaction VM will replace it past 30 days as long as it is still covered by the manufacturer's warranty. I've gotten a replacement phone after almost a year. The time since it was purchased won't be an issue but it is possible that VM may detect that the phone was rooted and void the warranty.
  17. mandy052879

mandy052879 Member

I got it to factory reset, by selecting it with the menu button.
    I was long pressing the power button. :eek:
    So glad it worked!
  18. Curtis1973

amazing...lol okie dokie.
  19. mandy052879

mandy052879 Member

Thanks everybody for all the help!! Crisis averted! :D
  20. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Well-Known Member

All you had to do was hit "Reboot System Now" I did the same thing. Pulling the battery with stock recovery boots it back to recovery. You factory reset it for no reason... lol
  21. mandy052879

mandy052879 Member

No worries, it needed a reset anyway. :)
  22. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Well-Known Member

Atleast now you know for future reference tho. :) Thanks for stickin with us on this phone!
    mandy052879 likes this.