Stuck in "starting download"

Last Updated:

1. whywoogy

whywoogy New Member This Topic's Starter

So I got to deleting a bunch of Spring stock apps using Titanium backup and now my marketplace won't download apps. :/ I was reading somewhere that Google talk might be the culprit (i did remove that)? Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. mkhopper

mkhopper Well-Known Member

I was recently seeing the same thing, but I've never had GTalk installed.

For 2 days or so, I was unable to download new apps or even upgrade existing ones and I was beginning to think I might have to reboot, but then all on its own, it just started working correctly again.

No clue as to what was going on.

3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

There are several culprits for this...

First try clearing the cache of gmail/gtalk/allgoogleapps. Then go into market. You'll have to sign into market again, so have your gmail account info handy. Make sure market is closed during this process.

Second there was some issue between googlemail.com and gmail.com.... not sure about that one.

And there was a third issue, i'll have to look that up. Try my fixes above and let me know.

dr_who likes this.
  4. c2oncpr

c2oncpr New Member

Hey, this has still been happening with my two HTC Evos as of 31 Dec 2011 with Android 2.3.3 and Market 2.3.4. So, looks like the issue is still not fix 100%. This is what I've discovered and how I work around it. I live an a poor coverage area, get a weak signal. With apps set to download updates automatically, if phone is in this weak area when download is started, poor signal will cause the download to hang. Even after entering a strong signal area or switching to WiFi, the download will not resume. I have to cancel the download and start download again while on WiFi or when in good signal area.

Hope this helps. Sure wish this would be fixed for good!