stuck on android screen

Last Updated:

1. coldbleed

coldbleed New Member This Topic's Starter

followed the jsuh instructions for putting 2.2 on eris and now the android keeps shining and nothing is working if anyone knows how to make my phone work again i would appreciate it also computer can tell that something is plugged in but wont recognize it:confused:

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Did you do any wipes before you flashed the Froyo ROM? (you need to do a 'Wipe data/factory reset' and a 'Wipe Dalvik-cache').

Reboot back into recovery, do you wipes, and then reboot.

Hope that helps.

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Did you previously have a 2.1 ROM using apps2sd installed? If so, then the ext partition on the SD card will cause a problem with a 2.2 ROM. You'd have to remove the partition before a 2.2 ROM will work. To remove the partition do the same steps you did when you created it, but set the values to 0k. Note that this WILL erase all data on your SD card, so be sure you've got a good backup.

4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Hoto,

Good stuff...hey, since I've never partitioned my /sdcard for apps2sd, is there a way to tell that you've partitioned it? (i.e., how do you know except for having done it?). Just curious...

Thanks!

P.S. We forgot to welcome coldbleed to the Android Forums - so, welcome, coldbleed! :D

5. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Oops - welcome coldbleed! :)

Scary, if there is a GOOD way to tell I never ran across it. I had mine partitioned for a while and I could see that there was less fat32 area on the card, but to know that you'd have to first know how much SHOULD be there. When I looked at internal memory available on the phone I could see that I had over 100mb free, but even then you'd have to know what 'normal' is to know that's different. And who's to say that someone wouldn't throw 70mb of programs on their phone and make free memory look like an unrooted phone.

EU1 can probably tell just by laying his hands on the phone... :)

scary alien likes this.
  6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

When I plug my partitioned SD card into a card reader and attach it to the Mac, Disk Utility shows me that it has three partitions, with two of them unmounted. I should try attaching to a Linux box to see if they mount there...

Anyway, I also saw the other two partitions in Windows Disk Utility on XP when I plugged it into there.

scary alien likes this.