Stuck on boot screen after hard resetGeneral

1. TH8MA3

TH8MA3 Member

I tried doing a factory reset on my HTC Desire HD and since then it has been stuck on the word ''Android''. I've tried pressing the power button and volume key but this got me nowhere (still the same problem after reboots) Help would really be appreciated as I'm an android newbie ! Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Volume down and the power key didn't take you into the bootloader/clockwork?
  3. TH8MA3

TH8MA3 Member

It did but it gets stuck at the same point after
  4. El Presidente

What did it show you? Clockwork or Hboot?
  5. TH8MA3

TH8MA3 Member

Hboot I tried resetting it from that screen but same thing Happens. When I get into Clockwork I also get the same result
  6. El Presidente

So you can get into clockwork? There is hope then!

From Clockwork, if you go into the Backup and Restore Option, select Restore. Are there any backups available for you to isntall? If not, you might need to stick a fresh ROM on there.
  7. TH8MA3

TH8MA3 Member

There are no files anymore I think I'll need a new ROM ? Any links and insights would be helpful
  8. El Presidente

No probs.

There's a guide to clockwork here. If you can't boot the handset into Android, you'll need to access the SD Card within Clockwork. Boot into CWM again and plug the phone into the PC. Within Clockwork, Select Mounts & Storage, then Mount USB Storage. If this works, you should see an external drive appear in your PC.

Leave the phone for now, then head over to here and download the file called LeeDroid HD V3.2.1 (FTP). Once this has downloaded, place the zip file into the root of the phones SD Card. Once copied, go back to the phone again and head back to clockworks main menu. Select Wipe Cache, let it do it's thing, then Wipe Data/Factory Reset (this probably isn't that important). You then want to head to Install zip from SD Card, Choose Zip and then navigate to the zip file you just copied. Select it, then confirm. Let it do it's thing, highlight Reboot Now and it should boot in to Android!

Does that make sense or do you want me to try and go into a bit more detail?
  9. TH8MA3

TH8MA3 Member

I'm doing it right now looks pretty straight forwar I'll keep you updated ! Btw thanks if I still had my iPhone I would've probably been forced to get a new phone lol
  10. El Presidente

That's why Android > iOS! Keep me posted.

Incidentally, there are other ROMs you can choose, but LeeDroid is one of the more popular.
  11. TH8MA3

TH8MA3 Member

It works perfectly fine now ! Thanks so much
  12. El Presidente

No problem, glad it's sorted!