Stuck on boot screen

Last Updated:

1. Cool29043

Cool29043 Member

Ok so I rooted my phone using the poot-debug.apk. I downloaded some stuff then that maybe I shouldnt of, I think I downloaded an overclock app, titanium backup, and some beats audio driver. I really didnt know what I was doing, I was tired. Any help would be greatly appreciated, because my phone is really important to me.

Advertisement
  2. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

butts audio driver broke your phone. Restore a stock /system partition to undo it.
    Cool29043 likes this.
  3. james391

james391 Well-Known Member

Cool29043 likes this.
  4. ktb83

ktb83 Well-Known Member

Beats Audio strikes again!
  5. Hashtag

Hashtag Well-Known Member

We should make an audio driver just for our phone and call it pune audio.
  6. Cool29043

Cool29043 Member

Thanks for the help, but I'm sort of a noob to rooting and all that, so I need to ask, how would I resore the stock or sytem partition to undo what I did? Thanks again
  7. ktb83

ktb83 Well-Known Member

If you didn't already have CWM Recovery installed, then you can't you can't use that easy option.

In that case, somebody already posted a link in this thread which leads to one of your best options.
    Cool29043 likes this.
  8. Cool29043

Cool29043 Member

9. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

10. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Well-Known Member

As far as I've heard if they don't install, uninstall all of them manually, reboot, then try reinstalling one at a time, and see if that helps you. :]
  11. HaTrEd360

Oh, and I really hope you avoid using Rom Manager as well!
  12. Cool29043

Cool29043 Member

I'm guessing I'm not the only one that got bricked this way :/

Thank you everybody, your a very helpful community. But, I think my phone is screwed and I have to deal with it. Maybe I can play dumb act like I didn't know what happened and they will send me a new one :)

The image really made my day.
  13. HaTrEd360

Hey man don't give up! You just gotta reinstall the drivers til they install correctly. But you have to uninstall them first. Keep trying! I had the same problem with getting them all installed correctly.
  14. Cool29043

Cool29043 Member

Ok but how would i install them? I mean where are they located
  15. HaTrEd360

Here is the drivers I used out of the first rooting guide. They are in a link of how to get your MSL. But these are the 3 drivers I used. LGVM696.zip

Install the Mobile driver first, reboot, then the Smartphone driver, reboot, and then the WindowsMobile driver, reboot. After all done you should be good to go. You need to go to Device Manager tho and make sure to uninstall the current drivers you have installed for the phone. :] Hope this helps man!
  16. Cool29043

Cool29043 Member

Ok i have the file downloaded, but does the order i install them affect anything?
  17. tjsanders

tjsanders Well-Known Member

hey cool i am guessing VM didn't send you a replacement. are you still soft brick or hard brick. my question is this too cool can you get into download mode? If you can get into download mode. I am sure we can help you fix that paperweight.
  18. HaTrEd360

He needs the drivers installed for anything to work as well. But idk if the order of installing them matters or if it was just me, but when I installed them differently then what the actual guide said, a few wouldn't install correctly. So just try and do that in order EXACTLY as I instructed including rebooting your computer in between installs. :]
  19. Cool29043

Cool29043 Member

I'm not sure what the diffrence between a soft or hard brick is, but yes, i can get the thing
    in download mode.
  20. tjsanders

then there is hope too get your phone fixed. please send me a pm and I will help you myself since I have done way too many unbrick on LG Devices lately. you will need teamviewer. pm me id and password and stay online I will help you with this
  21. Cool29043

Cool29043 Member

OK I will get teamviewer
  22. tjsanders

cool check your PM
    Cool29043 likes this.
  23. Cool29043

Cool29043 Member

24. tjsanders

I am so glad I was able too help a another forum member too prevent from buying another device.
  25. Cool29043

Cool29043 Member

thank you to eveyone that helped (especially tjsanders). you guys are an amazing community :]