• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rogers & S4] Stuck on ClockworkMod Recovery

YMangos

Lurker
Jun 15, 2014
I'm completely inexperienced with rooting and such, but I wanted to upgrade to android 4.4.2, so I foolishly decided to follow the steps of a youtube video to do this. ("How to Install ROM on Rooted HTC One X!") and ("How to Root HTC One X on Mac OSX!") - both on youtube (i can't post links)
I successfully rooted the phone and had installed CWM and I was following the second video and trying to install the BeanStalk ROM
After trying to install, it said installation aborted, but I DIDN'T SEE IT the first time, so I tried to reboot it and now I'm stuck in an endless cycle of the HTC home screen and CWM.
I know I probably sound really dunce right now, but I've already made so many decisions I regret today
I think I may have bricked my phone; i can get to the hboot screen but rebooting it from there does the same thing, I had factory and just about everything else wiped it because the video said to, and the backup I had on CWM won't restore (MD5 mismatch!), and I can't mount it to usb because it says "E: unable to open ums lunfile..."
I know i did the wrong thing and I just should have left it alone, but PLEASE someone tell me there's a way to fix it? I'm really scared

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones