• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help stuck on E network

gab3

Lurker
Jul 4, 2014
So I recently bought the galaxy s4 active (ATT SGH-1537) and have activated it. When I did though the first (and only) network I got was EDGE... it says this phone is capable of handling gsm, hspa+ and LTE. So I don't understand why I'm only getting EDGE.... someone please help! Would changing the apn do anything?!?

Welcome to the forums, Gab3!
Is this a new SIM or one from a previous phone?
When you go into Settings - Mobile Network - Preferred Network, what is checked off?
(this is from a stock device, the wording might be different with your S4 Active)
If everything is under Auto or LTE, I would give AT&T a call to see if they can help you out. You should at least be able to access HSPA+, and if you know you're in an area with LTE than there's something wrong with the settings or SIM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones