• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck on Edge? only getting 2G? Read this

Sometimes it may be that easy, I suppose. However went through many different things with t-mobile and HTC, at the time this was happening (T-mobile admitted fault and replaced 2 phones). What had caused this was a bad radio flash from a t-mobile RUU - this was quite some time ago.

Now If someone has not ran that RUU, or received that OTA, and are stuck the partition cache wipe will probably do the trick.

Upvote 0
I know the method described in the posts from XDA works if the reason is because of a borked mmcblk0p20, and the wiping cache partition does not work if mmcblk0p20 is messed up.

one of the ways to do this to your phone is to be on hboot 2.16 and run a RUU with hboot 2.15 (I know recently did it)pretty sure that is what caused it.

However I think the mmcblk0p20 that is available on that thread is for an at&t device because when I ran the steps with that mmcblk0p20 the only network my phone would find was at&t and I had no signal after not even cell. Luckily I have access to 3 HTC One s's and just dumped the mmcblk0p20 out of a known good phone.

I will make available my mmcblk0p20 if Scotty tells me it is safe to make available. Dont know enough about IMEI - or other identifying stuff - and I am a privacy !!FREAK!!

BTW I think I read that partition is the system partition. Also I am working on dumping all partitions on the One s that has been changed the least.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones