stuck on google splash screen with padlock

1. DannyKavs

DannyKavs Member

Hey guys,

So I attempted to root my nexus s and ran into some troubles.

I started the process on my mac.....(keep in mind I also have a PC, so that is still an option to work with) I got the bootloader unlocked.....I have ClockwordMod Recovery v3.0.0.0 working.......but as soon as I try to restart the device it just wont go past the google splash screen with the padlock.

I've tried to install superuser .zip files.....nandroid backup .zips....with no success. I always get hung up on the splash screen!

I feel terrible I don't know where I went wrong :(

Advertisement
  2. DannyKavs

DannyKavs Member

So when i try to install a rom Clockwork always aborts the installation.

here is the error I get:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")=="crespo" || getprop("ro.build.product") =="crespo" || getprop ("ro.product.board") == "crespo" E: Error in /sdcard/update-cm-7.1.0.1-NS-signed.zip
    (status) 7
    Installation aborted
  3. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

The reason you are getting this error, is because you most likely don't have the latest version of ClockworkMod. The newer versions of CM7 require you to have the latest version of CWM.

As for your initial question, it sounds like you might not have a boot.img, so it has nothing to load.

Try using this tutorial, and redo the steps after unlocking the bootloader, since your bootloader is already unlocked.

[GUIDE] Step by Step ROOT Nexus S via ClockworkMod Recovery image (i9020T only) - xda-developers