1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

stuck on htc screen after using rom manager

Last Updated:

1. Joefried

Joefried Member This Topic's Starter

I just rooted my Desire using the unrevoked method, then installed rom manager. As directed, I installed the recovery environment, then backed up my rom. Following this, my phone keeps starting the htc screen, turns off, starts the screen again, etc.

What do I do to get out of this loop?

Joe

Advertisement
  2. Joefried

Things went from bad to worse. My battery seemed to stop charging so I wasn't able to get back to the recovery screen, and when I plugged the desire into the computer via the usb cable I simply got a flickering htc screen. I've had to send it back to Orange.

This experience has certainly made me leary of rooting and using rom manager again!

Does anybody have any explanation of what went wrong?

Joe

3. PinkMirrorKirby

PinkMirrorKirby Well-Known Member

Rooting is dangerous, and no novice user should do it unless they know WHAT they are doing, as rooting exposes a lot problems if used incorrectly (remove essential system files etc.), I don't recommend rooting unless you really need it.

4. Joefried

Ta. I did it mainly so that I could put wavesecure in the system files, as my last desire was stolen.

Joe

5. Joefried

After getting the phone replaced, I've discovered the problem was with my new battery, which seemed to stop charging halfway simultaneously with my using rom manager. Is there any way it could have been affected?

Joe