1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Stuck on HTC Screen

1. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

I rooted a friends phone and when I try to get to the recovery reboot screen it freezes on the HTC screen, I have to remove the battery and boot normally, and it works just fine. I have rooted two other hero's with no problems. I've tried a wipe and doing the process over again and the same thing happened. Anyone have any other ideas???

Advertisement
  2. showbo

showbo Well-Known Member

Turn it off and try to hold the power and home key. IF you get stuck again, hard reboot again (battery), load up, THEN turn it off again. This time, turn it on with the (-) volume button held down.

I was experiencing the same thing, and I had to the the 2nd method.

Let us know.
    hood420 likes this.
  3. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Make sure the recovery img is on the SD card. Often people try to boot into recovery, and for whatever reason the recovery img wasn't on the SD card, which causes issues.

Just something to double check.
    hood420 likes this.
  4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

does that img have to stay on the card at all times? Or can you delete it after the process?
  5. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

It does not have to stay on the card. I believe I put this as an FAQ in the tutorial. Once the RA has been installed, you do not have to keep the image on the card.
  6. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Ah, ok, that's what I thought..figured it would be relevant lol
  7. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

I didn't manage to get their phone figured out last night, but its usable in the meantime. I'll post back here to tell if the suggestions worked when I get back over there. Thanks.