Stuck on Installing DownloadsSupport

Last Updated:

1. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been reading up about people having problems with their market apps stuck on downloading since it has now happened to me twice. I am not sure if it's an HTC Desire thing or Android thing - but it's very annoying. The first time I did a factory reset but I think I've figure out what the problem is this second time around. Apparently, this seems to happen when I get that low memory indication. One of the symptoms is then Google Talk will not start. When this happens, all of my market downloads will never start and they hang. When I delete enough applications to get rid of that low memory notification - viola, Google Talk works again and my market downloads go on without a hitch. I've tried the clearing the cache and rebooting, etc. but those don't work. So this leads me to two questions:

Why does this even happen and is it an Android issue or phone specific issue?

Froyo has been out for a little while now - why the heck aren't more apps been updated to be able to be transferred to SD?

Anyway, having my Desire since June - the memory thing is the only thing that frustrates me and I'm disappointed that more developers haven't updated their apps to transfer to SD. I unrooted and have no "desire" to root again.

Advertisement
  2. mightymax

mightymax Active Member

I had this issue for a few days the other week. The solution for me was to log out and in again to Google Talk, sometimes a couple of times before it would kick-start the download. So if you're finding that low memory is stopping Talk from staying open then I guess that's consistent. It's an Android-wide issue with no fix atm, and it's a strange one imo.

3. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Strange indeed. I've tested it now and each time I install enough apps to get the memory low message in the notification bar, Google Talk no longer opens and any market downloads will not start. Delete enough apps for that notification msg to disappear and everything is back to normal. Wow.

4. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

When i'm low on memory, the marketplace also does not start or hang. Problem is that it does this when there is like 11MB left.

5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

11MB is nothing. You have to remember that this memory is not just used for installing apps. Already installed apps use this space for Cache purposes. If you only have 11MB, you need to take some steps to increase that.