Stuck on reboot!Support

Last Updated:

1. StevePaget

StevePaget New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. Sorry to make my first post here a plea, but my phone seems to be in trouble.

It ran out of battery, so I plugged it into a car charger. After a few minutes I truend it on, so it could chrage while active. Now it is locked in a reboot cycle. The animated Android screen appears, then fades after a few seconds, only to return again. It continues to do this.

I'd rather not do a hard reset. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. StevePaget

Oh, and I have tried removing the battery and waiting a few minutes. Still no luck.

:(

3. ravens0ng

ravens0ng Well-Known Member

Holding the menu key during startup will boot you into safe mode, maybe that will cure your reboot loop.

4. jinx

jinx Member

i experienced the same thing this morning, it was due to a corrupt sd card. not even safe mode was possible. removing the card solved the issue. never thought that the sd card can interfer with booting.

this happened on a rooted g1 with the magic rom

5. StevePaget

OK I think I can replicate this.

It only seems to happen when I let the battery run out fully, and it happens if I am running an application that is writing to the SD card (such as My Tracks).

This morning I tested the theory. I let it deplete while recording a track last night. Then I fully charged it over night. When I switched on this morning it booted OK, then after about a minute it rebooted and the Android boot cycle started again.

I'll buy a new SD card to see if that solves it. But can anyone else replicate this? (I appreciate you might not want to have to perform a factory reset!)

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Refer to msg #3 in this thread ... Perform a "Safe Mode" boot ..

this should clear the issue ...

I always power down first ... remove battery ... wait 2 minutes... reinstalled battery ... then perform "Safe Mode Boot" ... be sure to hold Menu until all processing is finish and you see faint transparent text in bottom left corner of screen "Safe Mode"

power off ... remove battery .., wait 2 min ... reinstall battery and power up normally ...

This process will clear many problems where programs have become hung in odd loops ...

7. Nimbler

Nimbler New Member

If all else fails, do a complete wipe of your phone. Only do this if nothing else has worked as this will erase ALL the apps and ALL your data from the phone. This isn't as bad as it sounds as anything on your SD card is safe, and you can redownload all your purchased apps from Market. But it is painful to go through setup all over again... Still, this has rescued me more than once so it is worth a shot.

1. Reboot and immediately hold down the Home button
    2. You'll get an image of a warning icon.
    3. Slide open the keyboard and press Alt + L
    4. Then press Alt + W
    5. Reboot again and hope it starts up.