1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Stuck on ROM boot up screen...HELP

1. ownagemaximus

ownagemaximus Active Member

Ok so i just rooted and installed ROM manager and did a backup on my stock rom. I downloaded cyanogen mod 7 and rebooted to get it going, but i'm stuck on the skateboarding android dude with the cyanogen mod 7 screen and it just keeps coming up over and over. I went into recovery and tried to flash my stock rom but it says the file cannot be found when clearly it took about 5 mins to back it up it should be there. I need help

Advertisement
  2. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member

ok did you wipe data and cache when you flashed cm7?
  3. ownagemaximus

No i did not, but I later learned that i needed to do that so i did that through clockwork recovery but same results.
  4. ownagemaximus

Actually I only wiped cache, should I try to wipe data?
  5. summamd

summamd Well-Known Member

hopefully, you did a back up before flashing, I would restore that then wipe cache/data and try again. If you didn't back up first I think theres an app floating around the forums that does a restore to stock.