• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck on Samsung Logo - no idea why

JellieBee

Lurker
Feb 24, 2015
Good morning,

I am coming to you guys for some desperate help haha. I woke up this morning after leaving my phone on charge overnight to see that it's stuck on the Samsung logo when booting.
Firstly, it shouldn't have even switched off, so how it got to booting I have no idea.

I have never rooted my phone, I don't mess around with apps, I basically check emails, use hootsuite and whataspp and take photos, and it's my personal data I need back.

I did install a backup app a while ago that was supposed to back everything up to my Drive but guess what, it never did.

I've been looking up rooting, but I know very little about it and I'm very worried that it will wipe my data. Some say it doesn't, some say it does through unlocking bootloader.

It can go into Recovery mode and Download mode but it wont boot into Safe mode.

Any help? I noticed someone else was having a similar issue in a recent thread, but their story doesn't apply to me, I'm not one for messing with my phone at all.

Thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones