stuck on the motorola m...

Last Updated:

1. dlbrando

dlbrando Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I am now stuck at the startup m

I was rooted running 2.1 with titanium backup, clockwork recovery and tthe kousch botstrapper installed. The first thing I did with clockwork was to tell it to make a recovery file. Today I threw the bootstrapper apk folder on the sd card and had it install. then I put the fly-x rom on the sdcard in teh clockwork folder, opened the bootstrap app and told it to boot into recovery.

Once in recovery I had it apply the fly-x rom.zip and everything seemed to go fine. no dice, stuck at the logo. pulled battery tried again, same result.

got back into the bootstrap launcher and told it to boot the recovery.zip file I created. all seemed to go fine. Reboot and get the same screen.

so what now? help please

Advertisement
  2. srh_pres

srh_pres Well-Known Member

you cant install the fly-x over a 2.1 rom... you have to upgrade to 2.2 leaked first. probably only choice now is to sbf it, re-root it, upgrade to the leak then flash the fly-x...

3. dlbrando

thats what i was afraid of. I realized it after I had already told it to go that I might have chosen the wrong file. Oops.

Tips for sbfing it. I have the_gift.zip file. Just throw that on the sd card and tell clockwork to run it?

4. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

And since you already have the bootstrap recovery why not update through rom manger next time to flyx.

5. dlbrando

It was not working that way, just rebooted to the normal setup. Ill be working it a little differently this time

6. BuGSmx3

BuGSmx3 Active Member

Why not just recover?? You said you made a recovery.... That is what I did. I went from 2.1 --> Fly X then read I couldn't, recovered, then installed 2.2, then fly x.

7. dlbrando

the recovery I made was not working. Not sure why. I am back into a stable 2.2 root right now. Gonna play with some roms and clocking tonight for fun.

8. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

no overclocking for you:p and everyone else:(

9. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

NOOOO!!!

You sbf from a PC. the files you need are inside the gift. You may want to get "the Bomb" <-- scary name for a exe file. but it has everything you might need and then some.