• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck on the Reboot screen

Did you ever get this resolved? When you say reboot screen, do you mean the spash screen (white screen) or the boot screen (boot animation)? Either way, something went wrong, as it should not take *that* long. Did you make a nandroid backup, first? If you did, restore that. If you didn't, you can reflash the original ROM without wiping data (wipe cache/dalvik, though), then reboot. That should fix it. As for flashing the theme, are you sure you grabbed the right one? There are different versions that match with your current version of mikfroyo (i.e. 4.3/4.4 + the rotary lock mod). Make sure you picked the right one. If you did, did you wipe cache/dalvik before you flashed it?

Upvote 0
I did make a nandroid backup so just restore that. I also had the right 4.4 theme to flash it on. When I try to flash the theme everything download and install right on the recovery screen. After I rebooted, it gets suck on the boot screen and just keeps on doing the same boot image. I am runnign mikfroyo 4.4 and tried flashing black theme 4.4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones