Stuck on the Reboot screen

1. Buckeye101

Buckeye101 Well-Known Member

I just flash mikfroyo ROM last night. (really nice ROM) and then I flash mikfroyo black theme tonight and rebooted it and, it's been suck on the reboot screen for 20min. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

I haven't flashed any ROMs let alone themes yet but I heard that it can take a long time for some to install.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

this is true. also have you tried and pull the battery out? that seems to work for me when my phone gets stuck on the splash screen.
    Buckeye101 likes this.
  4. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Did you ever get this resolved? When you say reboot screen, do you mean the spash screen (white screen) or the boot screen (boot animation)? Either way, something went wrong, as it should not take *that* long. Did you make a nandroid backup, first? If you did, restore that. If you didn't, you can reflash the original ROM without wiping data (wipe cache/dalvik, though), then reboot. That should fix it. As for flashing the theme, are you sure you grabbed the right one? There are different versions that match with your current version of mikfroyo (i.e. 4.3/4.4 + the rotary lock mod). Make sure you picked the right one. If you did, did you wipe cache/dalvik before you flashed it?
  5. Buckeye101

I did make a nandroid backup so just restore that. I also had the right 4.4 theme to flash it on. When I try to flash the theme everything download and install right on the recovery screen. After I rebooted, it gets suck on the boot screen and just keeps on doing the same boot image. I am runnign mikfroyo 4.4 and tried flashing black theme 4.4.
  6. akazabam

1) Did you wipe cache/dalvik?
    2) Did you try redownloading it? Maybe it's a bad zip.
  7. Buckeye101

I tried that also. Is there anything else I could do?
  8. akazabam

9. Buckeye101

Yeah that's the file. Is there anything else I can do?
  10. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

I wanna suck on the reboot screen.....:).....sorry, couldn't resist!!!
  11. akazabam

Did you flash any other mods, such as the rotary lock screen?

Lol, I didn't even notice that.
  12. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

yeah it's driving me crazy....
  13. akazabam

It kind of sounds like a lame insult or something.
  14. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Notified Mods to see if they will correct typo. :)
  15. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Downright funny, but fixed.
  16. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

i'm being serious..from that point forward I wanted to respond to every help needed thread with

"well I don't know did you try sucking on it?" and providing a link to this thread
  17. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

oops! Guess I soiled your fun.

(spoiled?) ;-)
    akazabam and Mr. Ed like this.