• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck on white splash screen.....

Viper32

May 30, 2012
New to me Incredible 1.....

I can get to HBoot but not recovery.....

Phone is S-ON

Below is the info from HBOOT

HBOOT-0.77.0000
MICROP-0417
RADIO-1.00.03.04.06
Mar 23 2010,19:36:22

Can anyone tell me how to get out of this?

Thanks in advance for any help........

Viper

Well guess it is to late now...

I got a factory IMG file to flash in hboot, it read it and starting flash..... First thing noticed it said Radio failed..... Then went through update but came up some kind of partition error at the end and said to reboot.... Well that was the last life I have seen out of it. No mor booting of any kind. Also no light when plugged into charger...

I guess it is toast right?

Viper

Upvote 0
Well guess it is to late now...

I got a factory IMG file to flash in hboot, it read it and starting flash..... First thing noticed it said Radio failed..... Then went through update but came up some kind of partition error at the end and said to reboot.... Well that was the last life I have seen out of it. No mor booting of any kind. Also no light when plugged into charger...

I guess it is toast right?

Viper
What factory image did you flash?.. It appears as the phone was still running android 2.1 (according to the hboot) so it hadn't been turned on in a long time or was rooted at some point and never updated.

Where did you get the image? Did you verify the MD5 hash?
Have you tried pulling the battery for a while?

Upvote 0
Stock Images | PvilleComp's

The PB31IMG Version MD5: 25ec451e08cd98c9495971bcb37e6582

Yeah I have left battery out for awhile now still nothing...... I guess I screwed this one up......

I did verify MD5 it was good....

The other funny thing is I think it killed my sdcard also. I took it out and cannot read it now. Not sure why on that one, it was perfectly fine before....

Is there anything else I can do or am I totally screwed?

Viper

Upvote 0
unfortunately, i do believe it is toast. the radio failure generally means that partition is too far corrupt for the flash.

you cant have a booting,working phone without a functional radio,and the radio partition is not in flash memory like system/boot/recovery so its prolly not repairable,except by the good folks at htc with special equipment. :(

this is one reason folks need to use extreme caution to check md5s,like you did... a corrupt radio or hboot kills the phone pretty quickly

luckily you got it cheap,so you chould see what htc would charge to fix it,or you could sell it on ebay for the screen,battery and cover :)

Upvote 0
Sounds toasted to me too, but could of been in that condition even before you attempted to flash the file. The image might have just been the final nail in it's coffin. Like I said before, judging by the hboot, it had either been rooted before and the previous user had avoided all updates to the phone, or the phone hasn't been operational in a long while.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones