Stuck Text Message :|Support

1. Hazardous Pink

Hazardous Pink New Member

Hiiii..

I'm having an issue with my Ascend. Last night, I was deleting a txt conversation and while deleting it, I received another txt message from that person. So, now that txt message that was sent when I was deleting the conversation is stuck. The indicator won't go away and will show me the one message. When I select it, it brings me up to a blank txt message. No matter what I do, it just won't go away! I even clear it using the drop down and that doesn't help, either. It'll only go away until I get back into my Txts'.

First, I tried deleting all the messages from my txt box. Then I tried txting that person and then deleting everything again. I tried sending a txt message using the stuck one and then delete it. Seriously, nothing works. I tried turning it off and one (like six times). I tried removing the battery - up to 10 minutes! I tried taking out the memory card & removing the battery (10 minutes again). I tried turning off Txt notifications then turning them back on. I've tried everything, short of doing a factory reset.. But I'm hoping that's not the next step.

But, is there an easier way to reset or clear all of the txt messages from my phone, or whatever is keeping this txt message stuck?! It's driving me crazy!!! :eek:

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hazardous Pink

Hazardous Pink New Member

Neeeevermind..I finally fixed it.

For anyone else who has this problem.. The text message was still stored under the Contact History. So, once I cleared it from there, it went away.
    RJFait and Lennatron like this.
  3. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting us know the solution. Cool username,btw. Welcome to the forum!
  4. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

Yeah thanks! Who knows who that will happen to.... (Probably me). As G said above, Welcome!
  5. r0ckstarr

r0ckstarr Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the solution. I'm sure it will save myself and others trouble in the future if it ever happens to one of us. Glad you got it figured out.
  6. Laura42486

Laura42486 New Member

Im sorry to ask where do you find contact history because seriously its driving me insane as well....
  7. matterhorn44

matterhorn44 New Member

How do I find it? I can't find my contact history, please help?
  8. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Go to PHONE>FAVORITES (at least in CM7).I'm sure it's something very similar on stock ANDROID 2.1.1,2.2.2,& CM6.
  9. matterhorn44

matterhorn44 New Member

The message recipient isnt actually a contact in my position so it doesn't show up
  10. onelialovesyou

onelialovesyou New Member

i have a galaxy s 4g.
    and i have the same problem..
    how would i fix that? lol
  11. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

welcome to the forums, you might want to look in the galaxy s forum.
  12. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Try having that person send you another text message, then delete the thread.
    nuttmeg likes this.
  13. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

+1

that should get them going...:cool:
  14. aycartmiami

aycartmiami Member

How do you get to contact history because i have tried everything to get rid of this message notification that wont go away i have the esteem and nothing is working please help! thankks
  15. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Hi,

I've moved your question to the LG Esteem forum so that you can get advice from other users of that phone.

Good luck!
  16. WildRed40

WildRed40 New Member

I'm having the same issue with my LG Spectrum. I can not locate the contact history. How can I fix this.

Thanks