Stuck with FroBeast?

Last Updated:

1. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Until this morning I had a rooted phone running FRFxx 2.2 that was released Memorial Day weekend. This morning I ran a Titanium backup and a CW ROM backup. I then flashed the FroBeast ROM from CW and everything went great (minus the wifi connection issue).

I decide to try OCing and went with the Chevy 1.1 LV ROM. When I rebooted using CW the reboot sequence got stuck on the Motorola logo. I pulled the battery after 10 minutes staring at the "M" then tried rebooting while holding down the "X" key. Still stuck at the "M".

Getting a little anxious, I followed a tip elsewhere on the board to hold down volume and camera keys at bootup. This managed to get me to the bootflash (?) debug screen from where I connected the USB cable to my PC, rebooted again and returned to FroBeast.

I have since tried several methods for getting to a previous ROM install, but I always get stuck at the "M" logo followed by a battery pull and reboot holding camera and volume rocker to get back to FroBeast.

What can I do to revert back to an old backup? What (simple) step and I overlooking?

Advertisement
  2. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

Have you tried getting to your Nandroid backup through ROM Manager? (Assuming you have ROM Manager.)

In regards to being stuck on the M while booting, you probably can't run a kernel that high (I have the same issue). I can only run kernels up to 1.0Ghz (except for P3Droid kernels) and if I try anything else I get stuck on the M. Try to load a lower kernel from FroBeast and see if you have success.

These are P3Droid kernels. Go down to the bottom of the page to the kernels that are specifically for 2.2 and choose one (I'd stay at or below 1.0Ghz for now).

http://www.p3designs.info/kernels/

3. PDR

PDR Well-Known Member

That happened to me, after a battery pull i was able to boot back up and went to rom manager, flashed to sp recovery and then back to cw and it fixed my stuck at them M logo when trying to get in to recovery issue.

esmith818 likes this.
  4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

^this should work.
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. PDR

PDR Well-Known Member

Update?

6. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Your solution to flash to SPRecovery and then back to CW worked perfectly. I've since done the same thing 2 more times today as I cycle through all the latest 2.2 ROMs looking for one that I can settle with for another week (or until something better comes along)! Thanks for the tip.

7. PDR

PDR Well-Known Member

Sweet, glad it worked out.

8. GreedyBird

GreedyBird Well-Known Member

Im confused what this recovery issue is? You arent able to boot into recovery even though it is installed? I have flashed both original 2.2 leaks, and both 2.2 NexTheme versions by Fab and have never had to reflash clockwork..

The only thing that i have ever noticed while booting into recovery is to press and hold the 'X' before turning the phone on, then press the power button. This has never failed me.

9. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Some of us have been having problems getting into recovery since we started playing with Froyo, using the x/power key combo or ROM Manager boot into recovery will fail to launch recovery ... flashing from one recovery and then back to the original seems to fix this for most of us.

10. ech0

ech0 Active Member

I believe this is an issue with the latest version of ClockworkMod, not anything that you did wrong. Koush, on Twitter, had recommended flashing one of the legacy boot images from Rom Manager if you're having continued issues.

11. monsterpt

monsterpt Member

Just FYI,

I have had this problem before. I tried reflashing the CW recovery file each time and that worked for me (one time took 2 reflashes). I posted this somewhere else that a bunch of ppl were having this trouble, but I cant remember where that was. Too many damn forums.