• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hardstyle

Sep 29, 2010
CT
So i went to update to the new 2.3.340 downloaded fine and then asked to to install so i hit install now and 30 minutes later its still at the screen when you power it on and it shows the Motorola symbol. Before i updated my phone i was rooted and had the black glass theme. So is my phone bricked? and i have to unroot it? :thinking:

Also right after i posted this my phone said droid and vibrated like when i get a text message and the notification green light is blinking so i was hoping it was turning back on but nope :( its still at the motorola symbol

Hit the power button like your going to turn it off(have to hold it a couple seconds) then "click" the screen right below the symbol. It will turn it off.

It's a video driver issue that sounds like its still there from the last update. Sometimes the video doesn't initialize correctly and it gets stuck on the motorola symbol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones