Student EmailSupport

Last Updated:

1. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Found a thread that applied to Penn State Student email and the Droid.

Penn State Student Email - Android Forums

I tried the settings for that on my phone but says unable to open connection the the server. I go to Eastern Kentucky university and want to set this up. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

You need to get the server info from whatever email service KU uses. If it's a branch-off of gmail then it should be quite simple.

Try going into KU's email FAQ page to find what you need. Or type something like "mobile" or "mobile setup" into the search criteria.

3. latinmaxima

Thanks critic. I am actually to that point now. The hold up is the outgoing server. I have smtp.server.eku.edu (Server being the actual server) as well as server.eku.edu and neither lets me complete set up. According to eku email site it says my ISP gives me the outgoing info. It doesnt work like that for me though trying pop3 or imap. Just looking for anyone else who has run into this. Not necessarily for eku but their school email as well. The web browser is ok enough for OWA access but I would like something on my phone and moxier only allows one account which is my work right now.

4. latinmaxima

I hate to bring back a very old thread but EKU just recently changed ther email to being provided by live (microsoft). any ideas how it can be set up now?

5. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

Assuming you are using K9. This used to work for my univ account some time ago, for outgoing server try using live.com or gmail.com settings.

Make sure you fill in Manage identities fields and for Reply-to: set your eku.edu email address. If I remember correct, the catch is you may not see the sent messages on your eku.edu a/c when you login via the web.

6. latinmaxima

No using the stock application. But the helpdesk is seeing an issue and trying to wrok it out now. I will post any resolution that might help others. Apparently Microsoft got a few university contracts to provide lifetime email to students.