Students need your help (5 minutes) with a project

Last Updated:

1. Christoph_SMC

Christoph_SMC New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi!
    I am Christoph and sadly I have no specific knowledge about Android. Therefore, it would be great, if you could help me.
    I have already posted this message in another forum, but now realize that this forum might be a lot better suited.

I'm part of a student group which is assigned to do a semester project where a new product should be developed. Main part of our potential product is a mobile phone app which should be able to do the following:

Users should be able to scan in a barcode into their mobile phone. Then the product's attributes (we would like to include up to 5-6 attributes with max. 10 possible manifestations each) are matched with the users personal profile (so each user needs an own account) and he receives an output which states the fit of product and user.
    The user should then be able to store the item in his profile (for example "my stuff" or "my wishlist") and/or announce on facebook that he just bought this product. It would be great if this "box" with your stuff/wishes could be send to others, so people could show off [​IMG]
    It would be even greater, if the user could also access his profile on a webpage.
    Very important is also, that we are able to put the products into our database ourselves (preferably easy). Which means that we can scan the products barcode and assign the attributes to it. So we actually are the ones who decide which products appear in our database and users can only scan in those products.

This is the basic function we would (hypothetically) like to hire someone to develop.

Can you tell me if it is possible at all?

We have no knowledge about apps, but by looking at other apps we concluded that it is possible [​IMG]
    Maybe some expert input is needed here[​IMG]

Thank you very much for your time!!

Christoph

Advertisement