1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Student's Pet

Last Updated:

1. Jonny_

Jonny_ Member This Topic's Starter

This is an application I started working on in the beginning of winter quarter. In the most simple form it is just a means to manage and keep up to date with school work.

The application supports multiple Courses that hold Course Time,Course Name, Course Alias, Instructor Name, Instructor Email, Instructor Phone# and a unique color.

each class contains a list of assignments. When looking at school work there are definitely some standard Assignment Types. A test, a quiz, an essay, an assignment are some general categories. My application makes use of these allowing users to create their own types as different instructors will call different things by different names or perhaps they are different and are worth a different point value. By using this setup it is possible to have a "Due Soon" Activity which shows upcoming assignments that can implement a filter based on those base Types (Test,Quiz,Essay etc) while keeping the re-usability of user-defined types.

My application has the ability to integrate with the calendar and only in the last version (1.1.0) has gained to ability to disable/enable calendar integration. You can also select what calendar you want the application to add/update because a quarter's worth of assignments for 3-4 classes can really make your calendar look like a mess.

This application was originally intended for no other purpose than to keep me up to date with my school work so I wouldn't come to class and be like "...There's a test today?.." lol. I put up a free version in the market and people seem to like it.

Both the free and full versions will be kept up to date and can be found in the android market. Student's Pet - Cyrket
    and Student's Pet Trial - Cyrket respectively.

All constructive feedback is welcome.

Advertisement
  2. Sturge[Droid]

Sturge[Droid] Well-Known Member

i though both verisons were free? i was going to try it and go from there...

3. Jonny_

Sorry, been a bit inactive here. What do you mean? Both versions are exactly the same except the pay version is not limited to the # of concurrent assignments allowed. The free version is free to allow people to see if it does what they want it to because this is my first app i wanted to let people be able to try it before they buy it. I thought about a timed trial, but there isn't really a reliable way to go about doing that, so I thought it would just be best to limit the # of assignments which has turned out pretty well so far.

4. Jonny_

updated to version 1.1.11

5. mycaermita

mycaermita Well-Known Member

Needs a better UI.