Study Reveals Many Afghans Have Never Heard of 9/11 Attacks

Last Updated:

1. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. droiduzr2

droiduzr2 Well-Known Member

I can see why they don't know.
    It seems the country from all the wars is left in the dark.
    My impression of Afghanistan is it's very rural and rugged and as such they barely have proper shelter much less telecommunications or the daily newspaper delivered to their shack.

More people knew who the Beatles were vs. Jesus is a claim I have heard. I am fairly sure most of them know who Michael Jackson was:D:D:D

3. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

Its kind of sad
    They have foreign troops in their land, and have no idea why

4. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

I would be willing to bet good money that if you asked here in the US you would get surprising results as well.......... you would probably find that while most people know 'something' happened on 9/11, most dont know exactly what happened, or the extent of what happened........ so to say its sad that they have troops in their land and dont is really not that bad considering WE have troops in their land and most here probably dont know why

but as for a 3rd world country that I would bet the majority doesnt even know the name of their leader... its not really surprising that they havent heard of 9/11...... most of them probably havent heard there are other planets or that the earth revolves around the sun either

5. droiduzr2

droiduzr2 Well-Known Member

uhm, I think there was a study done not too long ago where half of the US population could not find America on a map. They are poor,broke, and war torn...what's the excuse here:D

6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Please confine the discussion to the topic, please. Any further unrelated posts or disrespectful comments will result in closure of the thread and quite possibly infractions.

7. darklide

darklide Well-Known Member

Simple, Afghan had nothing to do with the attack.

8. hakr100

hakr100 Well-Known Member

9-11?
    Neither did Iraq, but that didn't stop our waging war on that country.

Afghanistan is hardly a country. It is more like a geographic area on a map. People in one village barely know people in the next village, and if they do, it is because of a blood feud of some sort.

Our positive expectations for Afghanistan, if we have any, border on the absurd.

9. byteware

byteware Well-Known Member

Not at all surprising. Citizens of Japan weren't aware of Pearl Harbor when they were defeated either.

Governments, as a rule, don't make their citizenry aware of the atrocities that they partake in, when they can prevent it.