1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

StudyDroid flashcards: Benefit of Flash Cards in the palm of your hand

Last Updated:

1. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Memorizing numerous vocabulary words in my Spanish class has left me with a hate for purchasing and collecting note cards. Though these prove to be a great study method, the money spent and the space these take up is just bothersome.

And the worst thing about lugging around these note cards?

Accidently colliding with someone in the causing your note cards to scatter about every different direction. There’s not many more embarrassing things than sprawling across the ground picking up your little white paper cards while people are stepping around you whispering “what a loser!” to their friend.

I was worried that StudyDroid would not serve my flashcard needs but I was wrong. Its overall setup is quite easy. Tapping the screen switches from the front side of the card to the backside while swiping from right to left or vice versa will either advance to the next card or return to the previous one. Tapping and holding the screen will mark a card as “known,” removing it from the list temporarily. It can be readded by toggling the “known” button in the menu options.

Instructions:
    [​IMG]

Front:
    [​IMG]

Back:
    [​IMG]

The creation of the flashcards themselves was also quite easy. It’s as simple as hitting the menu button and selecting “Add new card.” Then, all you have to do is fill out what you would like to be placed on the front and then what you would like to be placed on the back. If making your own flashcards is too much effort, there is a selection of flashcard packs that can be downloading from the StudyDroid website, www.studydroid.com.

My one disappointed of this app is the lack of a “shuffle” or “randomize” option. I’ve found that when using flashcards I have a tendency to memorize the sequential order of the cards themselves as opposed to the words. Fortunately, this one hiccup hardly affects the overall performance and usefulness of this app.

This is a must have for any android “flashcarders” out there looking for an easy solution for annoyances accompanied by physical flashcards. You will not be disappointed with this app. How could you, though? After all, it is free.

Advertisement
  2. rlbeard

rlbeard New Member

This is my Favorite app. The 2 way sync feature allows me to sync with their site and my other flashcard sites.

3. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Is there a way to create flashcards on your computer and then pushing them to the app??? Typing the cards in on your phone would be quite tedious!!!