Stumbled on something else here...

1. divinebovine

divinebovine Well-Known Member Contributor

Was googling for specs so I can stop saying "I don't know, really low resolution" when I found one site calling it the ZTE Venture. A friend asked if it's the same as this:
    ZTE Style Q - Full phone specifications

Well, the first things I noticed different are GSM vs. CDMA and ICS vs. Gingerbread...hey wait, ICS? Neat!

I wonder if a ROM from the ZTE Q could work. Either way, I wonder if we can get more satisfaction from ZTE than from Alcatel, PCD, or Virgin Mobile.

I don't see anything kernely on ZTE's site, though there's a USB driver that might work without having to install PDANet:
    Devices - ZTE USA

Advertisement
  2. slutyman

slutyman Well-Known Member

there are no root forums as i can see how would we port the rom ;o
  3. b_randon14

b_randon14 Well-Known Member Developer

Plus with it being a GSM phone, it would be hard to port it as the ril setup is completley different!
  4. slutyman

slutyman Well-Known Member

but it can be done ;o is there another cdma android close to the venture to flash maybe the replenish we can flash a replenish rom or port
  5. varenHjames

varenHjames Well-Known Member

im not sure where on this site you found a driver for this phone....i looked all round. the link you gave, points to a drop down of phones, which does not include the venture.....i looked, at all of them
  6. divinebovine

divinebovine Well-Known Member Contributor

If I had found a driver for this phone, I would have said "driver for this phone" rather than "driver that might work". I didn't mean to be unclear. I'll try to remember to explain in more detail...that's twice today I was unclear.

The one that says "ZTE_V768_Handset_USB_Driver.exe (3.40MB)" is what I was talking about. I figure being the same manufacturer it might possibly work. I have not tried it.
  7. varenHjames

varenHjames Well-Known Member

thank you for clarifying.