Stupid App question..

Last Updated:

1. droidnewbie

droidnewbie Member This Topic's Starter

I am new to downloading apps on a smartphone, but I see that many of them are made by what appears to be individual people, and are free, does this mean there is any kind of concern for any virus, or others (or the app maker) to get into my info. I know it tells you the app will have access to all of your phone data.. should I be at all concerned with the possibility of anything happening from getting free apps made by individuals?

Advertisement
  2. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

Well, there is a risk of getting viruses on anything you use to connect to the internet and swap files with, at this point in time chances are very slim though. Just pay attention to what you're getting and make sure you're getting it from a reliable source and you'll be just fine.

3. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

If it's in marketplace you should be fine.... but bad user practices in an app are something to consider. If there's a problem, I'm sure the app forum would be all over it!

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I would say if it's off the Market it is generally safe so you shouldn't worry at all , Not to mention who has ever heard of a real Android OS Virus? Not me! :)