• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stupid but important question about HTC incredible

rage2k

Lurker
May 11, 2010
Hello,

I have an Iphone 3GS and I'm ready to get the new VZ phone Incredible...

1. I just want to know if you can take homescreen shot ala Iphone that you can take a screenshot of basically your home screen? is that possible?
  2. Can you MS exchance synch your calendar with Android? I heard that is no possible. just want some clarification.
  3. No Beejive? IM+ Chat app for android? Important but can live without it :p

Thank you

There are a few IM apps that do a whole laundry list messenger
I'm not into them
screen capture

The Incredible Sync's Exchange Server Email, Contacts and Calendar including invites and 19 Security policies. It syncs google mail, contacts and calendar. Imagine, you can overlay multiple calendars in colors including shared ones from other google users. It syncs facebook twitter and some other stuff. I does imap and pop though some have had trouble with yahoo. It can unify your contacts which is cooler than I thought it would be. It'll do the dishes, laundry and sleep with your wife.

If you want Outlook (Exchange) tasks you need to buy TouchDown. If you just need a task manager, Astrid is great.

I have an iTouch 1G and 3G. jb the 1G but I'm disinterested after using Android. Just no comparison IMO. You'll like the Red Map too though it's not a world phone like other VZW HTCs. Oh, a real file system is nice too. The keyboard is 9/10 as good as the iphone. Just wait 'til you see the new maps app and nav.

Upvote 0
you currently cant take screenshots, you have to get the device rooted first or use the SDK on a PC

you can sync exchange as mentioned

no beejive, i wish they had it too but you cant really run these apps unless you want to be tied to a charger. there is NO push with the IM services like iphone and BB have so they kill the battery quite fast

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones