stupid music player

Last Updated:

1. johnnyz

johnnyz New Member This Topic's Starter

So, i just got the samsung behold 2 which is pretty darn nifty. the only thing, so far, that i can't stand is that when i plug in my headphones it starts playing that ****ing david gray song.
    A.) I would like to know how to disable the function of the music player starting when i plug in headphones and
    B.) if possible, how can i delete the two songs that come with the phone?

i got a nice pair of headphones for the holidays that i can use as a hands free device but if every time i plug them in the music player starts i'm going to throw the phone out the window.

thanks in advance for your help.
    get the joints
    -jz

Advertisement
  2. Jacqda

Jacqda Active Member

I don't have my phone in front of me right now, but there is a setting in the music player that will kill the autostart "feature".

3. johnnyz

i've looked everywhere and can't find any such thing

4. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

o_O I've never had that happen. You know of the file browser, go delete the files.

5. Jacqda

Jacqda Active Member

I present this as a workaround, not a fix. Only SAMSUNG can fix this "feature"...which hopefully will be soon with a stock 2.x update.

From album list, go to settings. Set Background playing to off.

Unfortunately, it will still start playing a song as soon as you start the music player app, but at least you will not have it start if you plug in headphones.

6. johnnyz

awesome, thank you very much! and yatimameiji, i have gone to the file browser and selected delete files. it brings up a list be the only option is select all. when i click select all and delete it says no files to delete. are they locked onto the phone or something? i guess it's not a huge deal if i can't get them off but i will never listen to them on purpose and could probably use the storage space someday. anyway, thanks for your help :)

7. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

Yea I just checked, seems like its locked, try the Astro file manager or plug into computer and delete that way.

8. drrf

drrf Member

If you delete the widget it stops doing this. Just drag it to the trash and start your music player manually.

9. djamps

djamps Member

I've got a similar problem....

Whenever the headphones are plugged in, and after I make a call, the music player will start up automatically (even if it wasn't already running). I'll stop it manually, and it will restart randomly a few seconds later. It will keep doing this as long as the headphones are still plugged in. Needless to say, very annoying.

Note: the behavior is slightly different with background playing turned off-- instead of starting music, it will keep switching to the music player app (leaving whatever app I was using).

anyone seeing this and/or have a solution?