1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Stupid newbie question

Last Updated:

1. jfl14609

jfl14609 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my first android phone Evo. I love this phone only I wanted to know if there is an app or anything that would allow me to see that I have missed calls or text after the screen goes off.

Advertisement
  2. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

that would show up in your notification bar.

3. jfl14609

I was looking for some type of a notification that I would be able to see when the screen goes black and you aren't able to see the notification bar

4. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Should be notification flashes on the top of the phone, I think you can set them to flash for text, missed phone calls, email or voicemail

5. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Missed Call for Android 2.x or Blink, both free in the Market. I use Missed Call, it used to work for calendar reminders too but broke in Froyo. You used to be able to choose the LED color too, no longer. Green blinking is better than nothing though!

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

..moved to the Evo forums for you. ;)

7. CrashGordon

CrashGordon Well-Known Member

I thought the flashing led at the top of the screen was on by default. That's the way mine is and I've never set it to do that. To the OP, look at the led that indicates charging/charged status. It should flash green if you have a missed call, text or e-mail. Note that it is not available if you are charging the phone.

8. jfl14609

Thanks for the info turns out my cover was over it

9. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member

The LED comes on by default for texts, missed calls, voicemails, emails, etc, and you can customize which of those you want it to flash for. Settings > Display > Notification Flash.

There is also an app called WIMAX Notifier that flashes the un-documented LED on the right side of the earpiece when you recieve a SMS or MMS. Future versions will handle missed calls, emails, etc. Very handy for when the phone is plugged in and the left side LED is always on.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-sup...-good-led-notification-light-control-app.html

Scroll down to post #5 for a non-XDA download link.

10. ghosttown

ghosttown New Member

This is all fine and well, but is there an app that will "beep" or "play a sound" when a call is missed, text or email...?

11. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

Missed Call does this as well. Can even set individaul sounds (I know when the missed call was from my daughter as apposed to a general call...)