Stupid noob questionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. cwaterhouse

cwaterhouse New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok. I know some of these are basic but annoying me. First, sometimes the phone goes into lock mode when I am using maps. Any suggestions? It isn't all the time, but about half the time.

I am using MixZing but this also happens with thestock media player. It is pulling all my sound files into the list, not just music. I really hate having asphalt sound effects (all 200 or so) in my music mix.

On occasion apps just die. Not when the screen is off and app killer is running, but browsers just close. Any ideas?

Why is the email client fighting w hotmail? It will work great and then not log in for a while. Then it will come back. Now it will receive snails but not send from this account. Strange.

Please don't take me wrong- I LOVE this phone, I just have a few issues that I am sure are simple fixes. I even had a guy offer to trade his iPhone 4 the other day. I politely said no thanks. Any help on these would be greatly appriciated.

Advertisement
  2. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

First of all, what phone? Which version is it running? Root or non-root?

Second, on the maps....are you using "navigation" or just maps?

Are there other sound files other than asphalt in your music?? Or just asphalt?

3. cwaterhouse

cwaterhouse New Member This Topic's Starter

Its a stock Droid x. I haven't rooted it or added froyo. Just like it was out of the box. It is navigation that goes black. Sorry I didn't make that clearer. It seems only Asphalt is adding into the folder and not other programs.

4. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Yeah, Asphalt does that. No way around it. I was hoping that was all the extra sounds you were seeing.

Im not sure why your screen would time out during Navigation. Im saying thats probably just a simple update that Google will push out.

As far as the hotmail issue, i can provide no assistance. I only use gmail on my Droid. I know yahoo was having issues, but they fixed all that. Perhaps hotmail is looking to patch their client soon?

cwaterhouse likes this.
  5. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

You don't 'need' App killers.