• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stupid question about the retail price

libai8268

Apr 22, 2010
I was wondering if I can purchase this phone with retail price without any plan included? Due to lots of wireless internet around me, I really don't need the data plan! If I can do so, I would save hundreds after 2 years. I calculated that with incredible plans......but it should still save me some money without the data plan XD

Can't Evo be out any sooner? I just can't wait any longer!

I mean if you get Google voice and have data (wifi) you can get a free Google voice account and a Google voice phone number, this way you have phone + data for free but note as soon as your out of a hot spot your basically carrying around a brick unless you get back to an area where you have an internet signal.

Upvote 0
I mean if you get Google voice and have data (wifi) you can get a free Google voice account and a Google voice phone number, this way you have phone + data for free but note as soon as your out of a hot spot your basically carrying around a brick unless you get back to an area where you have an internet signal.

That is so true! It's nothing but a brick without the internet. I am just thinking that I don't really use a lot of internet while I am out. Like one of my friends, he keeps surfing the net all the time when we hang out. Sometimes it feels like he's isolated. But as long as he puts his phone away, he's back in the game. I only use internet when I am alone or really need to check out something. I am just kind of confused if I really need the data plan.

Since I can't buy the phone without data plan....it pretty much solves my problem. Evo is a devil....making me pay more per month.....

I am currently using Cricket. It only costs $35 per month and I get unlimited calls and unlimited text. It's a really good deal but they don't really offer many kinds of phone there......

EVO! I love you so much but hate the price you are gonna cost me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones