Stupid question about the retail price

Last Updated:

1. libai8268

libai8268 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if I can purchase this phone with retail price without any plan included? Due to lots of wireless internet around me, I really don't need the data plan! If I can do so, I would save hundreds after 2 years. I calculated that with incredible plans......but it should still save me some money without the data plan XD

Can't Evo be out any sooner? I just can't wait any longer!

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Without a contract, you will have to pay full price for the phone. You used to be able to just sign a contract with say 100 minutes, and only pay a small amount each month. But now, with the smartphones, you are required to get a larger plan with data, so you cant do that anymore.

3. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Pretty sure you are required to be on the Simple Everything 450 minute plan for $70 a month.

4. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Sure you can but you will be spending at least $600 for the privilege. Not bad but you may regret it. If you are going for Wifi only you might be better served with a tablet PC or a netbook/notebook.

5. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

yea don't bog this phone to only wi-fi.... just wouldn't be worth it, the whole point of this beast is a PHONE with amazing add-on shit

6. libai8268

If I can't buy the phone without the contract. Then what is the retail price for? It's pretty weird if sprint puts the retail price on it and you can never buy it with that price XD

7. LatinP

LatinP Well-Known Member

I mean if you get Google voice and have data (wifi) you can get a free Google voice account and a Google voice phone number, this way you have phone + data for free but note as soon as your out of a hot spot your basically carrying around a brick unless you get back to an area where you have an internet signal.

8. libai8268

That is so true! It's nothing but a brick without the internet. I am just thinking that I don't really use a lot of internet while I am out. Like one of my friends, he keeps surfing the net all the time when we hang out. Sometimes it feels like he's isolated. But as long as he puts his phone away, he's back in the game. I only use internet when I am alone or really need to check out something. I am just kind of confused if I really need the data plan.

Since I can't buy the phone without data plan....it pretty much solves my problem. Evo is a devil....making me pay more per month.....

I am currently using Cricket. It only costs $35 per month and I get unlimited calls and unlimited text. It's a really good deal but they don't really offer many kinds of phone there......

EVO! I love you so much but hate the price you are gonna cost me.