stupid question but

Last Updated:

1. ajac09

ajac09 Banned This Topic's Starter

Why is this thread just called the htc evo? Shouldnt it be sprint evo? Like the sprint hero board? just hit a question no need to get hostile but I bet some idiot out thier (unless someone already has) is asking if they can use it on tmobile or AT&T....

Advertisement
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

In the best way I can explain it, the Hero for Sprint was named the "Sprint Hero" because it was different than the normal HTC Hero style-wise and I guess Sprint just decided to slap their name on it. Another redesigned Hero resides with Verizon called the Droid Eris. Sprint isn't making any changes to the EVO 4G from HTC and this phone is going to be a huge boost in reputation for HTC so it will stay the HTC EVO 4G. There's no Sprint Moment, Sprint Tour, Sprint Pre, etc. The Hero was unique.

3. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

Sprint's News Release Notice their name for it.

[​IMG]

I don't see where it's officially called Sprint EVO 4G anywhere, so I believe the forum is named correctly.

4. ajac09

eh its still a sprint phone so should be called sprint htc evo... makes sense espically to people that didnt get the memo its a sprint only phone just feels nit picky and the sprint and makes the forum look kind of messy. With one group having carrier names and the others dont... on the case of the hero could just make a hero forum and subforum eris sprint and unbranded gsm clean up some of the clutter.

5. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

Sprint's the one that named the phone, but whatever you want to call it is fine with me.

6. ajac09

I dunno I just like stuff clutter free lol heck Maybe make manufacture categories then the base phone then the models of each either way evo in 2 months dunno if I wil be getting one but i now at least one person on my account will be lol

7. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

the categories are named exactly what the phones are... if it were sprint evo 4g, then it'd be confusing for most since the name is HTC evo 4g... the Motorola droid is not called the Verizon droid... it's just how phones are named the sprint hero is the only sprint phone that i know of that has the name sprint infront of it and i believe it is because it is sprint's specific version of a phone...

twospirits likes this.