Stupid question I should know the answer to but don't... HELP!Support

Last Updated:

1. DeaconBoogie

DeaconBoogie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay...

I have an Incredible. It has 8GB of internal storage and I've installed an 8GB microSD card.

When I plug the thing in via USB, I have two drives that appear on Windows. One shows total capacity of 6.59GB and the other is 7.39GB.

I guess my question is... I think I understand that the 7.39GB one is the microSD card. It's getting full. It appears that everything gets stored there.

My question is, why do I have a 6.59GB drive available that never seems to get used? Is the purpose to manually put MP3s and such on this instead of the microSD card? With 2.2 (SkyRaider ROM), can I move apps to this internal storage?

Advertisement
  2. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

yeah i wonder that too, i just put my music and set the camera and camcorder to store everything in storage...

just checked xda and the most updated version of SkyRaider moves app to storage, epic!

3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

You have to set things to use your internal memory, like the camera and camcorder. Part of the 8GB of internal storage (748MB) is partitioned for apps.

killadanny, app-2-storage is pretty awesome. Stuff like that will make me root.

4. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

yeah im running SkyRaider 2.5.2 and it moves every single app to storage! epic! :D